Monday, January 20, 2020

Guest Post: My Journey to Healing

My friend Lauren has started sharing about her experiences dealing with mental and physical illness and what she has been learning through therapy and her healing journey.  She was so kind as to create a guest post for Adventures in Art Therapy, highlighting the use of creative outlets like music, art, and writing as a way of self-expression.  Thanks for your encouragement, Lauren!

Hi everyone! My name is Lauren, AKA “My Journey To Healing” on YouTube and Instagram. 

I have been dealing with chronic illness (ulcerative colitis & IBS) since 2014, as well as varying degrees of mental illness throughout my life. I have been in therapy for the past 7 months, and have been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and depression. My main goals in creating “My Journey To Healing” are to connect with and encourage others, to raise awareness for chronic physical and mental health conditions, and to have a platform to share my feelings, experiences, and lessons that I have learned. 

Today, I wanted to make a video on some of my top practices that I have learned from therapy that are applicable to both mental and physical illness. These practices are mainly centered around separating your identity from your illnesses, and allowing yourself to see that there is more to your life than your illnesses. These practices have made a strong impact on my well-being, and I hope that all of you watching can implement at least one of them into your daily lives. I am more than my illnesses, and so are you.




 For additional uplifting content and updates, feel free to follow my Instagram at:

No comments:

Post a Comment