Noting the adventures in the lesser known but growing field of art therapy.
Saturday, May 19, 2012
- Name: art_therapist
- Location: Washington, DC, United States
I am a registered, board certified, and licensed art therapist in the DC Metro area, and have been working in the field since 1999. I currently work with adolescents in a partial hospitalization program, which is a mid-level program used as step-down treatment from mental health inpatient hospitalization/residential treatment or as a step up from outpatient counseling. I have also worked in home-based counseling and inner city ED school settings. In addition, I provide on-site field supervision to George Washington University graduate interns at my placement as supervisory faculty as well as supervise ATR candidates for their registration.
I am also the author of "Color Me Calm," "Color Me Happy," and "Color Me Stress-Free."
Lacy Mucklow's Amazon Author Page
Lacy Mucklow at Barnes & Noble
- Fusing Math and Art
- For You OCD Musicians....
- New Documentary Depicts Fan’s Quest to Meet Metall...
- 'Tis True!
- Color therapy...with "Baker-Miller Pink"
- World Autism Awareness Day
- 16-year-old Girl with Asperger's Focuses on Painti...
- "In Session"
- “Art Is A Form Of Power:” Art Therapy and Cancer
- How the brain benefits from making art...
Women in Art Video Montage